September 15 2016
Just as I predicted, the State (Bill Eddins ,State Attorney for Escambia, Okaloosa, Santa Rosa and Walton County in Florida) announced the arrest of 22 men in the latest Okaloosa sex Sting operation.
This one was captioned Operation Undertow and targeted men in the Pensacola area.
It is more of the same tactics where the police post ads on Craigslist looking for unsuspecting men they can bait and switch and talk into meeting with fictional children. They again used the classic bait words like “taboo” and pretended to be women looking for some man to “mentor their daughter”. They also used the classic bait phrase “I am very inexperienced” and suggested group sex scenes. I never cease to be amazed that men, year after year, fall for the same bait.
Sex is the ultimate bait.
Sadly, what the police operations mostly catch are young, shy, introverted and sometimes mentally challenged young adult males, some of whom have never had a date or sex.
The real question is “Who are the real sex predators”?
A strong argument can be made that the police with these sex sting operations are creating crimes. They are picking the low hanging fruit and targeting insecure men they can talk into committing a crime. I have been involved now in almost forty such cases as a sex crime lawyer. The general public often is misinformed and led to believe that these operations result in the arrest of real sex predators.
- In my experience, only a tiny percentage of the men arrested had any real predisposition to engage in sex with a minor.
- The police are masters of manipulation when it comes to talking men into committing a crime like traveling to meet a minor.
- There are defenses to these entrapment cases.
- It all depends on the individual facts of each case.
- In the meantime, these men have had their lives destroyed, lost their jobs and had their reputations destroyed forever.
- Families should not abandon men based on just the charge alone.
- Friends and relatives should now stand by them more than ever.
- Employers should not give up on them.
I never give up and sometimes, hard work and good lawyering can make a difference.
Click Here to Visit Our Website thesexoffenderdefender.com
Related Articles on the Pensacola Sex Sting: